Warkworth Lilac Festival
Juried Photography Show & Sale
May 27th & 28th, 2017
This Juried Competition is open to all photographers.
- Open: Adult. Up to three photos, photographer's choice taken anytime, anywhere 'In the Great Canadian Outdoors'
- Lilacs: The Beauty of Lilacs. Adult. Up to two photos.
- Youth 18 and under: Up to three photos, photographer's choice taken anytime, anywhere 'In the Great Canadian Outdoors'
First Prize - $250. - Sponsored by Warkworth Community Service Club - Overall 'BEST in SHOW' and will be awarded as: 'Founder's Award for Excellence in Photography'
Second Prize, Open Category: $200. - Sponsored by the Campbellford Rotary Club
Third Prize, Open Category: $150. - Sponsored by the Weaver Family Funeral Homes
Best Lilac Photo: $100. - Sponsored by Daniel Dugas Freedom 55 Financial
Best Youth Photo: $100. - Sponsored by the Campbellford Lioness Club
1st and 2nd Youth Runners up: $25. - Sponsored by Snapshots One Hour Photo
People's Choice: $100. - Sponsored by the Campbellford Lions Club
- A Registration Fee of $25 for up to five photos is due no later than May 12th, 2017, payable online or by cheque or money order mailed to: Warkworth Lilac Festival Photo Show, c/o P.O. Box 378, Warkworth, ON, K0K 3K0
- There is no Registration Fee for participants 18 years or younger, entering in the Youth Category. Youth 18 years and younger wishing to enter the Open and Lilac Categories, instead of the Youth Category, will be required to pay the $25 Registration Fee.
Juried Photo Show Format
The format for the WLF Juried Photo Show includes:
- Contestants submit digital photos for judging.
- The Judge will select 25 photos to be printed for final judging and for display at the Warkworth Lilac Festival Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 27th and Sun. 28th 2017.
- The location for the 2017 WLF Juried Photo Showcase will be at 28 Main St., Warkworth, ON K0K3K0
- These selected photos will be printed by a professional printer selected by the WLF Photo Show Committee, thereby presenting a Gallery of Finalist Photos for final judging which are consistent in professional print quality, print size, matting size, and without framing.
- There are no date restrictions on when the photograph was taken.
- There is no 'Altered Reality' category, therefore the photographer should perform only basic manipulation to enhance or correct their image, and should not change the image in any fundamental way. For the WLF Photo Show's purposes, basic manipulation may include cropping, straightening, exposure and colour balance adjustments only.
- Photo entries may be uploaded to the WLF Juried Photo Show website at any time after online Registration, and no later than Friday May 12th, 2017.
- Each photo entry must be uploaded in high resolution JPEG format as a print-ready digital file with a minimum dimension of 3000px long size, an aspect ratio between 2:3 and 11:14. The printer strongly recommends a minimum dimension long size of 3500px for best printing results
- Photos must be submitted exactly as intended to be judged. The Photo Show will make no alterations, rotations or adjustments to the photograph after submission.
- Photos must be presented anonymously for judging. Photos with watermarks or other identifying marks will automatically be rejected by the Judge.
- All images must be taken by the photographer. The Show reserves the right to ask for the original, unedited out of camera file for any entry.
- If you have any questions use the Contact Us form on the website for timely assistance.
Judging of Photos
- The Judge will select Finalists based on the submitted unsigned digital images.
- Criteria for selection will include: Overall Impact, Creative and Artistic Merit, Composition, and Technical Merit.
- The Judge will have the opportunity to make the final decision of Prize-winning photos based on the professional print, as well as on the judging scores of submitted digital prints.
- The Judge's decisions are final.
Photo Show and Sale
- Finalist photos will be professionally printed by professional printer, Mike Gaudaur, Trenton.
- Finalist photos will be printed to an 11"x14" or 10"x15" size, whichever best suits the photograph, and then matted to a standard 16" x 20" size for display at the Gallery Showcase of Finalists and Winners.
- Finalist prints will be offered for sale by the Festival at a price set by the photographer. A price between $80 and $125 is recommended for these matted but unframed prints.
- A commission of $30 on each print sold will be retained by the WLF Photo Show. Participants whose prints are sold during the Festival Weekend will be notified by email the day following the sale, if not present at the time of sale.
- Purchased prints are available for pickup after the close of the show at 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 28th, 2017. Arrangements can be made for later pickup.
- Finalists' and winners' ready-to-frame prints not sold by 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 28th may be claimed by the photographer by covering the processing costs of $30. Unsold prints will be retained by the Warkworth Lilac Festival for future promotional applications.
- Award winners will be announced and prizes presented at the Opening Ceremonies of the 2017 WLF Juried Photo Show Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 27th, 2016 at 11:00 A.M 28 Main St., Warkworth, ON K0K3K0.
- All Photo Show participants, family and friends, as well as Festival visitors, are invited to attend the Opening Ceremonies.
- As well as the displayed Finalist and Winning prints, all submitted photos will be displayed on a Slide Show, ongoing throughout the Festival weekend.
- People's Choice Award - All Warkworth Lilac Festival visitors to the Festival's Juried Photo Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 27th and Sun. 28th, 2017 will be given a ballot to vote on the 'People's Choice Award'. Counting of the Ballots will begin at 3:30 P.M. and the winner will be announced just prior to the show closing at 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 28th, 2017.
- Images will be credited to the photographer, and Copyright remains with the photographer.
- After the judge has completed his final decisions re: the winners, a nameplate will identify the finalist's displayed print at the Gallery Showcase, showing the Photographer's Name, Photograph Title, and Sale Price.
- The Warkworth Lilac Festival reserves the right to display digital copies of the winning and finalist photos in future website and promotional applications, with full credit given to the photographer.
- Finalists' and winners' ready to frame prints not sold by 4:00 P.M. on Sunday, May 28th, 2017 may be claimed by the photographer by covering the processing costs of $30. Unsold prints and prints not claimed by the photographer will be retained by the Warkworth Lilac Festival for future promotional applications.
- By submitting photographs to the Warkworth Lilac Festival Photo Show, you are declaring your understanding and acceptance of these rules.