Warkworth Lilac Festival
Juried Photography Show & Sale
May 26th and 27th, 2018
- This Juried Competition is open to all photographers.
- Adult contestants may submit up to five photos in total, including up to three photos in the Open Category and up to two photos in the Lilac Category.
- Youth may submit up to three photos in the Youth Category.
- Open: Adult. Up to three photos, on any subject
- Lilacs: The Beauty of Lilacs. Adult. Up to two photos.
- Youth 18 and under: Up to three photos, on any subject
Adult Open Category
Warkworth Community Service Club Award - 'Founder's Award for Excellence in Photography'- First Prize: $250.
Campbellford Rotary Club Award - Second Prize: $200.
Weaver Family Funeral Homes Award - Third Prize: $150.
The General - Curated Eclectic Goods - First Prize: $100.
The Natural - Lilac Honourable Mention: $50.
Campbellford Lioness Club Award - First Prize: $100.
Douglas Hotte - Terrequity Realty - Second Prize: $50.
Snapshots One Hour Photo - Third Prize: $25.
Campbellford Lions Club Award - People's Choice, All Categories: $100.
- All participants must register using the WLF Photo Show online registration system.
- A Registration Fee of $30 for up to five photos is due no later than May 11, 2018, payable online or by cheque or money order mailed to: Warkworth Lilac Festival Photo Show, c/o P.O. Box 366, Warkworth, ON, K0K 3K0
- There is no Registration Fee for participants 18 years or younger, entering in the Youth Category. Youth 18 years and younger wishing to enter the Open and Lilac Categories, instead of the Youth Category, will be required to pay the $30 Registration Fee.
Juried Photo Show Overview
- Contestants submit digital photo images to the Photo Show website for judging.
- The Judge selects 25 photos across all Categories as Finalist Photos.
- The 25 Finalist photos are printed by a professional printer selected by the WLF Photo Show Committee to ensure consistent print quality, print size, and matting size. Photos are unframed.
- The Judge reviews the prints in the Gallery of Finalist Photos for selection and award of Contest Prizes.
- The Gallery of Finalist Photos are displayed at the Warkworth Lilac Festival Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 26th and Sun. 27th 2018.
- There are no date restrictions on when the photograph was taken.
- There is no 'Altered Reality' category. The photographer should perform only basic manipulation to enhance or correct their image, and should not change the image in any fundamental way. For the WLF Photo Show's purposes, basic manipulation may include cropping, straightening, exposure and colour balance adjustments only.
- Photo entries may be uploaded to the WLF Juried Photo Show website at any time after online Registration, and no later than 11:59 PM on Friday May 11, 2018.
- Each photo entry must be uploaded in high resolution JPEG format as a print-ready digital file with a minimum dimension of 3000px long size. The printer strongly recommends a minimum dimension long size of 3500px with an aspect ratio between 2:3 and 11:14 for best printing results.
- Photos must be submitted exactly as intended to be judged. The Photo Show will make no alterations, rotations or adjustments to the photograph after submission.
- Photos must be submitted anonymously for judging. Photos with watermarks or other identifying marks will be removed from the competition without any notice to the contestant.
- All images must be taken by the registrant. Once an image has been accepted as an entry by the Show it may not be re-entered in a different year or in another Category.
- The Show reserves the right to ask for the original, unedited, out of camera file for any entry.
- If you have any questions use the Contact Us form on the website.
Judging of Photos
- The Judge selects Finalists based on the submitted anonymous digital images.
- Criteria for selection include: Overall Impact, Creative and Artistic Merit, Composition, and Technical Merit.
- The Judge makes the final decision for Prizes based on the professional print, as well as on the judging scores of submitted digital prints.
- The Judge's decisions are final.
Photo Show and Sale
- Twenty-five Finalist photos are professionally printed to an 11"x14" or 10"x15" size, whichever best suits the photograph, and then matted to a standard 16" x 20" size. These prints are displayed at the Gallery Showcase of Finalists and Winners on Saturday May 26 and Sunday May 27 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Finalist prints are offered for sale by the Festival at a price set by the photographer. A price between $80 and $125 is recommended for these matted but unframed prints.
- A commission of $30 on each print sold is retained by the WLF Photo Show. Participants whose prints are sold during the Festival Weekend are notified by email the day following the sale, if not present at the time of sale.
- Purchased prints are available for pickup after the close of the show at 4:00 P.M. on May 27th, 2018. Arrangements can be made for later pickup.
- Finalists' and winners' ready-to-frame prints not sold by 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 27th may be claimed by the photographer by covering the processing costs of $30. Prints not claimed by the Photographer by June 30th, 2018 become Festival property.
- Award winners are announced and prizes presented at the Opening Ceremonies of the 2018 WLF Juried Photo Show Gallery Showcase on Sat., May 26th at 11:00 A.M.
- All Photo Show participants, family and friends, as well as Festival visitors, are invited to attend the Opening Ceremonies.
- As well as the displayed Finalist and Winning prints, all submitted photos are displayed on a Slide Show, ongoing throughout the Festival weekend.
- People's Choice Award - All Warkworth Lilac Festival visitors to the Festival's Juried Photo Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 26th and Sun. 27th, 2018 are given a ballot to vote on the 'People's Choice Award'. Counting of the Ballots begins at 3:30 P.M. and the winner is announced just prior to the show closing at 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 27th, 2018.
- Images are credited to the photographer, and Copyright remains with the photographer.
- After the judging has been completed, the winners are identified by a nameplate, showing the Photographer's Name, Photograph Title, and Sale Price.
- The Warkworth Lilac Festival reserves the right to display digital copies of the winning and finalist photos in future website and promotional applications, with full credit given to the photographer.
- By submitting photographs to the Warkworth Lilac Festival Photo Show, you are declaring your understanding and acceptance of these rules.