Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Help! I can’t log in to the Upload Page.
There are several reasons this might happen:
- You’ve made a typo entering either your email or your phone number. Double check your entry and try again.
- You registered under a different Email or under a different Phone Number. If you can’t remember which Email or Phone Number you used in registration, you’ll need to contact us.
- You haven’t clicked on the link in the Confirmation Email. Check our FAQ on the Confirmation Email for more information.
How do I know if I’m registered? If I’ve paid? If you have my Photos?
You are registered if you can Log In. If you can’t log in, you aren’t registered.
Once you log in you can see a listing of your uploaded photos and you can view each of your photos. You can also see your payment status, along with other Registration information, towards the bottom of that screen. Payments made by PayPal show up immediately. Remember it can take a week for a cheque to reach us. There is no fee for the Youth Category.
The Registration Form won’t accept my Postal Code or Phone Number
The Registration Form only accepts a Postal Code in this format e.g. K0K3K0. Note only capital letters and numbers alternating. No spaces. For Phone Numbers e.g. 7059421890. Note only numbers, no dash, no spaces!
If you have not clicked on the link in the Confirmation Email you won’t be able to log in to upload photos or make a payment. There are two reasons that might cause you to not receive the Confirmation Email:
- The most frequent reason is that your email provider doesn’t recognize the Photo Show as a legitimate sender, and has put our Confirmation Email in your Spam or Junk folder. Go to your Spam or Junk folder and it’s probably there. Contact us if you can’t find it.
- The other possible reason is that you have made a mistake entering your email address and didn’t notice. The system has sent the email, but it’s gone to your mis-typed email address. You will need to re-register. Contact us and we will delete the old registration.
Be extra careful entering your email address in the Contact Us Form!
What Happens to my Photo Uploads?
When you click the Upload button on the Uploads portal, your computer starts uploading your photo file. Once it’s received on the server (and this can take several minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection) the system starts to process your file.
First it measures the dimensions of your photograph to make sure it meets the Rules requirements. If it doesn’t, you’ll receive an error message.
Next it measure the size of your photo file to ensure it isn’t too large to process. Generally anything over about 30Mb starts to be a problem. Again, the system lets you know if there is a problem. Contact us if you have questions!
All photos are judged anonymously. In order to ensure that, the system strips metadata from your file, and then renames the file with a randomly assigned filename. We keep a log so we know who submitted which photo, of course.
Finally the system creates a thumbnail for system use.
If any of these steps fail, you will receive a message on screen telling you what the problem is, and what to do about it.
If your photo passess all the system tests you can view your photo as the Judge will see it. Just click on the title in the listing of photos on your Uploads page. Use that link to make sure your photo is just the way you expect, and not upside down or with your name displayed!
Any questions? You can always Contact Us!
Where do I find the Contest Rules?
You can find the Contest Rules here
I have a question that isn’t answered here.
If you have a question or a suggestion that isn’t dealt with here, please Contact Us. We try to get back to you within one day.