Warkworth Lilac Festival
Juried Photography Show & Sale
May 25th and 26th, 2019
- Contestants register online and submit digital photo images to the Photo Show website for judging.
- The Judge selects 25 photos across all Categories as Finalist Photos.
- The 25 Finalist photos are printed by a professional printer selected by the WLF Photo Show Committee to ensure consistent print quality, print size, and matting size. Photos are unframed.
- The Judge reviews the prints in the Gallery of Finalist Photos for selection and award of Contest Prizes.
- The Gallery and Sale of Finalist Photos are displayed at the Warkworth Lilac Festival Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 25th and Sun. 26th 2018.
- This Juried Competition is open to all photographers.
- Adult contestants may submit up to five photos in total, including up to three photos in the Open Category and up to two photos in the Lilac Category.
- Youth may submit up to three photos in the Youth Category.
- Open: Adult. Up to three photos, on any subject
- Lilacs: The Beauty of Lilacs. Adult. Up to two photos.
- Youth 18 and under: Up to three photos, on any subject
- All participants must register using the WLF Photo Show online registration system.
- An Adult Registration Fee of $30 for up to five photos is due no later than May 10, 2019, payable online or by cheque or money order mailed to: Warkworth Lilac Festival Photo Show, c/o P.O. Box 366, Warkworth, ON, K0K 3K0
- There is no Registration Fee for participants 18 years or younger, entering in the Youth Category. Youth 18 years and younger wishing to enter the Open and Lilac Categories, instead of the Youth Category, will be required to pay the $30 Adult Registration Fee.
- There are no date restrictions on when the photograph was taken.
- There is no ‘Altered Reality’ category. The photographer should perform only basic manipulation to enhance or correct their image, and should not change the image in any fundamental way. For the WLF Photo Show’s purposes, basic manipulation may include cropping, straightening, exposure and colour balance adjustments only.
- Photo entries may be uploaded to the WLF Juried Photo Show website at any time after online Registration, and no later than 11:59 PM on Friday May 10, 2019.
- Each photo entry must be uploaded in high resolution JPEG format as a print-ready digital file with a minimum dimension of 3000px long size. The printer strongly recommends a minimum dimension long size of 3500px with an aspect ratio between 2:3 and 11:14 for best printing results.
- Photos must be submitted exactly as intended to be judged. The Photo Show will make no alterations, rotations or adjustments to the photograph after submission.
- Photos must be submitted anonymously for judging. Photos with watermarks or other identifying marks will be removed from the competition without any notice to the contestant.
- All images must be taken by the registrant. Once an image has been accepted as an entry by the Show it may not be re-entered in a different year or in another Category.
- The Show reserves the right to ask for the original, unedited, out of camera file for any entry.
- If you have any questions use the Contact Us form on the website.
Judging of Photos
- The Judge selects Finalists based on the submitted anonymous digital images.
- Criteria for selection include: Overall Impact, Creative and Artistic Merit, Composition, and Technical Merit.
- Twenty-five Finalist photos selected by the Judge are professionally printed to an 11″x14″ or 10″x15″ size, whichever best suits the photograph, and then matted to a standard 16″ x 20″ size.
- These prints are reviewed by the Judge.
- The Judge makes the final decision for Prizes based on the professional print, as well as on the judging scores of submitted digital prints.
- The Judge’s decisions are final.
Show and Sale
- Award winners are announced and prizes presented at the Opening Ceremonies of the 2019 WLF Juried Photo Show Gallery Showcase on Sat., May 25th at 11:00 A.M. All Photo Show participants, family and friends, as well as Festival visitors, are invited to attend the Opening Ceremonies.
- Prints are identified by a nameplate, showing the Photographer’s Name, Photograph Title, and Sale Price.
- Finalist prints are offered for sale by the Festival at the Gallery Showcase at a price set by the photographer. A price between $80 and $125 is recommended for these matted but unframed prints.
- A commission of $30 on each print sold is retained by the WLF Photo Show. Participants whose prints are sold during the Festival Weekend are notified by email the day following the sale, if not present at the time of sale.
- Purchased prints are available for pickup after the close of the show at 4:00 P.M. on May 26th, 2018. Arrangements can be made for later pickup.
- Finalists’ and winners’ ready-to-frame prints not sold by 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 26th may be claimed by the photographer by covering the processing costs of $30. The physical prints not claimed by the Photographer by June 30th, 2019 become Festival property.
- People’s Choice Award – All Warkworth Lilac Festival visitors to the Festival’s Juried Photo Gallery Showcase on Sat. May 25th and Sun. 26th, 2018 are given a ballot to vote on the ‘People’s Choice Award’. Counting of the Ballots begins at 3:30 P.M. and the winner is announced just prior to the show closing at 4:00 P.M. on Sun. May 26th, 2018.
Use, Credits and Copyright:
- Images are credited to the photographer on display, and Copyright remains with the photographer.
- The Warkworth Lilac Festival reserves the right to display digital copies of all submitted photos on the Festival websites and for promotional applications, with full credit given to the photographer.